The Read-A-Thon is days away, and I finally picked out my books. It was tough since I have so many neglected book, but after much deliberation I finally nailed it down. First, let me present the challenges.
- Read a book set in the past.
- Read a classic
- Read a book written before 2010
- Read at least 100 pages a day
- And of course book that have been neglected by you.
I’ll be reading:
1) The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth Spear (this completes the books set in the past challenge)
2) Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (this completes the Classics challenge)
3) The Painted Veil by W Somerset Maugham (This completes the book written before 2010 challenge)
4) Among Others by Jo Walton (Neglected for a year now)
5) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou (I am ashamed to admit how long this one has been neglected for)
It’s my bestfriends birthday this weekend, and I might be going out of town, so I might be late to the read-a-thon, but I’ll try to be on twitter keeping up with your updates! #Dustofftheshelf is the hashtag.
Here’s Emily’s Post with more info. Link me to your blogs if your participating.
Happy reading everyone!